- From 12:00 am - 3:00 am this Sunday, April 20th, local inventory may not be reflected accurately in OneSearch due to system maintenance. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Sat hours: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Finding a Video
Finding a Video in the Catalog:
(NOTE: this page needs to be updated for use with OneSearch - do not use)
- The easiest way to locate a video is to use "Video" search link under Start Your Research > Library Catalog on the main library web page.
- Videos can also be found in the catalog a variety of ways. Any video can be searched using the same kind of search commands that are used to search for print materials - author, title, subject, etc. Directors, actors, producers, etc. can be considered authors for the purpose of catalog searching.
- Traditional Search: If a traditional title, author or subject as mentioned above search yields a long list of hits your search can be limited to help locate videos within the list. To do this click on the "Limit this search" button at the top of the screen. Then, from the pull-down menu for "Material Type" choose "Visual Media" and click the sort button.
- Genre Search: At the main catalog search menu choose "Genera /Form." From the pull-down menu select "videos". This will lead you to links which list all of the videos owned by The WWU Libraries broken out into VHS and DVD format.
- A link to an alphabetical listing of feature films in the collection is available on the main catalog search screen.
- New additions to the video collection (all types of videos).