Learning Commons Gets New Look!
Check it out!
Western Libraries is proud to announce that the changes to the Learning Commons are coming along nicely! There will still be some exciting new things coming to the Learning Commons, but here's what you can look for now:
- The Wilson circulation desk has been dismantled and replaced by the Learning Commons information desk providing basic information and referrals as needed to all Learning Commons programs and services.
- Additional space has been opened up creating collaborative space for students and faculty, and creating an attractive welcoming focal point for the Learning Commons.
- Research support and consultation has been relocated from the Haggard desk to a dedicated space where professional assistance will be available. This arrangement allows for increased collaboration with the Writing Center as students are developing their research projects.
- The Student Tech Center has expanded their desk presence in Haggard taking over laptop check-outs and providing expert support.
- Circulation Services will continue to operate from the Haggard circulation desk. This includes checkouts, account assistance, course reserves, room and video booking, etc.
These changes are funded with the help of a donation from WWU alumni Dave and Ann Mann, and one-time funding from the Provost’s office. During Spring Quarter and through the summer work will continue to fine tune new service models and implement further physical improvements to the area. By the start of Fall Quarter, the area will be an active and attractive space geared towards student learning.
We know you’ll find these changes as exciting as we do!