- Due to scheduled maintenance on Sunday, March 8 from 3:00 to 7:00 am, OneSearch may return partial search results. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Western Libraries is exploring the creation of a Western Research Repository and invites the campus community to a presentation on scholarly communication and institutional repositories with Marisa Ramirez, the Digital Repository Librarian at California Polytechnic State University. Here is the link to DigitalCommons @CalPoly: http://digitalcommons.calpoly.edu/
The presentation will be held in Wilson 164f (the Library Presentation Room) at noon on Tuesday, April 20.
You can read more about such repositories with examples and faculty narratives at http://libguides.wwu.edu/Western_Research_Repository. Some benefits of a centralized digital location for faculty research and scholarship could be to:
• support T&P with increased visibility of faculty scholarship
• create peer reviewed online publication of faculty and student work
• propose an alternative to predatory journal costs
• make federally funded research available to the public
This presentation is brought to you by the Western Libraries’ Digital Assets Task Force. If you have any questions please feel free to contact the Task Force members: Jeanne Armstrong, Robert Lopresti, Peter Smith and Margaret Fast.