- ILLiad will be unavailable Monday, December 29th, from 9:00 am until 5:00 pm, due to scheduled maintenance. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
“My Community” Library Exhibit in Gallery 2
(Located on the 3rd floor balcony area overlooking the Skybridge)
The theme of the group show is “My Community” and seeks to stretch the sense of the word from the small to the large, from family and friends, pets, being online, favorite places, landmarks in your memory to hometown, a different country or the world. Students from area high schools, including Ferndale, Winward and Sehome, participated.
The Group show was curated by four WWU students as part of their “Art in the Community”, Art History class 308, taught by Carol Janson.
Their goal was to give high school students an opportunity to submit to a juried show.
This is the first exhibit showing in the newly identified exhibit spaces.
Exhibit Space Goals:
- Nourish intellectual, aesthetic, and creative growth
- Encourage individuals to contribute to the expansion of public art
- Promote university and community relations
Exhibit spaces are made available, in accordance with these Guidelines, to all members of the WWU community and also to off-campus exhibitors.
The following criteria apply as exhibit proposals are considered, with the understanding that not all exhibits will meet all criteria. The Libraries reserves the right to approve or disapprove all exhibit requests, to have final approval for the layout of the exhibit, and to make all decisions regarding length of exhibit duration and the placement of the exhibit within the library.
- Broadness of appeal
- Relation to events or exhibits in the community
- Does not promote the partisan political, religious, or social doctrines of any single person or group
- Reflects vitality, originality, artistic expression, and experimentation
- Does not promote the financial profit of any individual, organization, or commercial enterprise
- Satisfies public safety considerations
- Exhibitor agrees to sign an exhibit proposal with the Libraries