Assessment at Western Libraries
In alignment with the Libraries Strategic Plan to create high impact outcomes with transparent, data-driven decisions focused on stakeholder needs, the Libraries Assessment activities inform strategic planning, supports decision making, evaluates the impact and quality of library services and resources, and promotes transparency within the Libraries and the university community.
Current Plans & Data
- Western Libraries Assessment Plan (2017)
- Western Libraries Key Statistics
- Mean Comparisons: Western Libraries and the Association of College & Research Libraries
Assessment Activities & Reports
Western Libraries Facility Use Survey
Every three years, the Libraries conducts a survey designed to gather data that will inform decision-making around facilities and space use.
Western Libraries Resource Use Survey
Western Libraries routinely conducts surveys about collection access and use. These survey data that inform decision-making about collection management; all reports are organized by patron type.
- Faculty-Graduate Student: May 2018
- Faculty: February 2015 | February 2012
- Graduate Students: May 2015
- Undergraduate Students: May 2015
Prior Assessment Activities at Western Libraries