Welcome to the new Western Libraries website!
After fifteen months of deliberate data gathering and outreach to both colleagues and patrons, the Resource Discovery Unit has published Western Libraries’ new website. This process required data from several sources, including – but not limited to – website analytics, adoption of best practices in web design, user-driven folksonomy creation, collegial and patron feedback, and usability testing.
We are delighted that this time-intensive and impactful project has reached its successful completion, and we will continue make user-centered changes to the new website. Each main category of the new website has a specific purpose for our colleagues and patrons. Please see below for a quick orientation:
- Find: Access to Western Libraries collections and information discovery systems are located within the ‘Find’ category.
- Use the Libraries: The majority of library services – such as borrowing materials, course reserves, study spaces, and more – are located within the ‘Use the Libraries’ category.
- Get Help: Information and services about library instruction, course design, and subject specific research are located within the ‘Get Help’ category.
- About: General library information – such as building hours, news and events, and travel arrangements for off-campus patrons – can be found within the ‘About’ category.
- My Accounts: Students, staff, and faculty can access library and other Western-affiliated accounts from this single page.
Website Redesign FAQs
Feedback about the new website? Contact us here