The Writing Instruction Support (WIS) program provides assistance to faculty who are teaching or incorporating writing in their courses.
What we do:
Provide information about writing course requirements
Support or co-sponsor instructional activities such as the WIS Summer Retreat and online professional development
Offer resources on teaching and assessing writing
We provide consultation about writing proficiency requirements and course requirements, best practices for teaching and assessing writing, and professional development events.
Teaching for Academic Integrity
Resources from the Hacherl Research & Writing Center
Resources from Other Universities
- Developing Scholarly and Textual Authority Through Strong Citation Packages
- Example of the 'Citation Sandwich'
Multicultural Approaches to Teaching Writing:
- Writing Across Borders (video available in the Writing Instruction Support library collection)
- Reconsidering Standard English
I need something different. Who can I talk to?
- For other instructional support: Justina Brown, Instructional Designer, Western's Teaching and Learning Center
- For direct assistance to students: Hacherl Research and Writing Studio