You are Viewing - Events
Posted on: June 6, 2022
Writing Instruction Support Summer Retreat Opportunity
If you are teaching a writing proficiency course at Western or are a WWU faculty member or instructor interested in professional development focused on writing instruction, Western Libraries invites you to attend the Writing Instruction Support retreat this summer. Options for participating in the retreat will be offered both in-person and online!
Topics will include:
- Fostering student agency and inquiry
- Creating empowering and purposeful writing assignments
- Developing equitable methods of writing assessment
Dates, Times, and Locations:
- Online version: August 24-26, 2022 /In-person version (located in Western Libraries): August 30-September 1, 2022
- Day one: 9:00 a.m. to noon / 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Day two: 9:00am to 12:30 p.m. / 1:30 p.m. to 5:00 pm
- Day three: 9:00am to 1:00pm
What to expect:
- Experienced facilitators will lead sessions on topics such as Designing Student-Centered Assignments, Seeking Out Diverse Sources for Discourse Justice, Language Diversity: Supporting Multilingual Learners, and more.
- There will be built-in work time to draft, revise, and collaborate on assignment design.
- Attendees will also have opportunities to connect with other Western faculty, as well as Western Libraries faculty and staff.
- In-person attendees will be provided with continental breakfast, snacks, coffee, and lunch.
There is no registration cost or fee for participants of the WIS retreat, but there are limited openings. To apply for a seat, please fill out this form. You should receive a response within two weeks. For more details, visit library.wwu.edu/wis or contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.