Tax Time! We have forms U need!

Posted on: Tuesday, February 5, 2013 - 12:14pm

The Western Library has the 2012 federal tax forms & instruction books you need - in paper!

For paper copies of tax forms and instructions, ask at the Reference Desk in Haggard Hall.

It’s everyone’s favorite time of year, the period between the end of January and the middle of April, when many of us should really be thinking about filing our taxes. We certainly aren’t tax experts, but here are a few online resources you might find useful.

On campus help: (WWU Chapter) Theta Phi Chapter of Beta Alpha Psi /Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) – Find the federal form(s) you need through the Internal Revenue Service web site. Many forms can be printed from the web directly.

Do I Need to File a Federal Tax Return? - An excellent question, and one that really should be answered before you start filling out that 1040! This section of the IRS site should provide the answer.

Tax Info for Students

Students Page- Higher Education –  Find information about common tax questions.

Tax Benefits for Education - If you’re wondering whether the scholarship you received this year counts as taxable income, and other questions.