- Each year the TLA participants talk together in bi-weekly dialogue groups to develop a BIG question on teaching and learning to study for the year.
- Typically, Fall Quarter is entirely devoted to developing the BIG question.
- Next, often beginning in Winter quarter, we survey ourselves to see what we think, and mine our collective knowledge on the BIG question.
- Then, we invite others into the study.
- Next, we collectively analyze the results of our study and then Spring quarter is typically devoted to developing and enacting action projects based on our new understandings.
- Dialogue Groups meet for 80 minutes
- You can sign up one of the four Dialogue Group options
- All TLA sessions meet in Learning Commons, Wilson Library 270
These Conversational Agreements were developed by Carmen Werder's Fall 2009 Comm 322 Civil Discourse students with contributions by TLA participants; these agreements serve as guidelines for the TLA dialogue.