The Courtesy/Community card provides enhanced services over the Whatcom One Card. Courtesy/Community card holders can check out more items, renew more times and place holds and recalls for materials through the library catalog.
The Courtesy/Community card does not provide off-campus access to online subscription databases, which are contractually restricted to current WWU students, faculty, and staff.
Current members of the following groups may obtain a Courtesy/Community Card at no charge. Expiration dates will vary.
- Whatcom County colleges students, faculty, and staff
- Affiliated teaching faculty
- Retired WWU faculty, staff, and administrators
- WWU Alumni Club members
- WWU Retirees Association members
- WWU faculty, staff, and administrator spouses or partners
- WWU workshop participants
- President's Club members
- Students presenting reciprocal borrowing arrangement cards
- SPIE employees
All other persons may purchase a Courtesy/Community Card for an annual fee of $25.00. The card is valid for one year from the date of purchase.
For more information on eligibility for a Courtesy/Community Card or other information, call Circulation Services at (360) 650-3084.