Please join us winter quarter for the following dialogue sessions in Haggard Hall Room 222:
- Times: Wednesdays and Thursdays from 12-12:50 p.m.
- Dialogue Topics
- Jan 16 & 17: How does safety influence our educational experiences?
- Jan 30 & 31: How does resistance to change and fear of the unknown influence academia and impact your own life?
Feb 13 & 14: Is obtaining an education a political act? Update: Please note the Feb. 13 & 14 sessions have been cancelled due to inclement weather.
- Feb 27 & 28: In what ways do we as an institution, community, and individuals both uphold and combat systems of racial inequality and "token"ization?
- Mar 13 & 14: What takes priority, a learner's creativity or the institution's expectations?
Off-Campus TLA: Winter quarter’s off-campus dialogue is scheduled for Tuesday, February 26 from 4-5:30 p.m. at the Bellingham Food Bank (1824 Ellis St), and the question for that session is: “What is our role in creating just and equitable food systems?”
As a result of requests made by TLA community members, and in collaboration with the Center for Community Learning and the Opportunity Council, the TLA now also offers off-campus quarterly dialogues in fall, winter, and spring. These sessions will be held within the Bellingham community as another way we can engage with each other to find ways of working together to create a more just and equitable society.