Borrowing Library Materials
Items can be returned to the following locations:
- Under the skybridge between Haggard and Wilson
- Western Libraries Circulation Services in Haggard Hall
- Drive-up drop box in parking lot 11G (south of Performing Arts Center)
- Drop box in front of Arntzen Hall (not available during intersession and summer quarter)
Not affiliated with Western? You can still use the library and borrow materials!
Want to browse the library?
- We are open and you are welcome to visit us.
Want to use a computer?
- At this time, Western Libraries does not provide public computers with internet access. Campus-wide wireless access is available to connect your own device. Some electronic subscription databases may not be available without a Western Universal account.
Want to check out items?
- Whatcom Libraries Collaborate borrowing is a free reciprocal borrowing agreement between Bellingham public Library, Whatcom County Library System, & WWU. Whatcom Libraries Collaborate borrowers can borrow from any of these libraries and in some circumstances, pickup materials at another library.
- Community cards can be purchased at the circulation desk for a cost of $25 / year. Privileges include a 6-week loan period and the ability to place holds on items.
- Reciprocal Borrowing is available to students, faculty, and staff from many regional colleges and universities. This includes Whatcom Community College, Northwest Indian College, Bellingham Technical College, Skagit Valley College and the 38 Summit partner libraries.
Contact us for any questions or additional ways to become a member.
- 2nd floor Haggard Hall
- (360) 650-3084
Step 1: Go to the OneSearch -My Library Card page to view your fines and fees.
- Step 2: Determine the amount of your fine or fee. Remember this amount for Step 3.
Step 3: Go to the Cashnet Payment Page to pay your fine.
- Step 4: Enter the amount from your OneSearch My Account page into the relevant box.
Step 5: Follow the instructions to complete transaction.
Step 6: Upon completion of your payment, exit and return to Western Libraries.