- (360) 650-3084
Borrowing Library Materials
- Affiliated with Western? Your Western Card is your library card!
- Community Members can borrow materials with a Whatcom One Card or a Courtesy/ Community Card
- View existing library loans and check due dates.
- Renew existing library loans.
- Access your saved items and searches through the MyAccount feature within OneSearch.
- Pay Library Fees or Fines
Whatcom One Card FAQ
You will need:
- Your library card from your college, the Bellingham Public Library, or Whatcom County Library System
- One piece of picture identification
Each library offers their own library catalog, which is linked from their individual library websites.
Each library sets its own limits. The academic libraries may have more limits on checkouts to community members than to their own students and faculty. The policies and rules (e.g. fines) of the lending library apply. Please familiarize yourself with them by visiting each library's website.
Students, staff, faculty, and neighborhood residents may place & pick up public library holds at two locations on local campuses, thanks to agreements between Bellingham Public Library, Bellingham Technical College (BTC), and Western Washington University (WWU).
Modeled on Bellingham Public Library's successful WCC Connection, the BTC Connection and WWU Connection allows public library cardholders to place holds on any item in the public library catalog and select BTC or WWU as a pickup location. Public library staff deliver holds to BTC and WWU weekly, and pick up any returns to bring back to the Central Library. Returned items are be back-dated at check-in to the last pickup date, so patrons do not incur unnecessary fines.
The WWU Connection is located on the main floor of the Library, Haggard 2, behind the Circulation Desk. Patrons will find their holds on the adjacent shelves and use the WWU Connection workstation to check them out. Items can be returned to the Western Library circulation desk or drop box, or to any other library drop box in the community.
You may return items to any of the public or academic libraries in Whatcom County.
BPL, WWU, and WCLS currently allow online renewals. This service may be possible online at other participating libraries as well; call or visit in person to see if this is available.
Contact the lending library. Each library’s local lending and fines rules apply, & they will send out overdue notices. Payment of fines must be done in person at the lending library.
Remote online access to databases is only available via your home library. In-library database use varies by library. WWU does not provide access to databases for WhatcomOne members.
How to Pay Your Library Fees:
How to pay your fees:
Step 1: Go to the OneSearch - My Library Card page to view your fines and fees.
- Step 2: Determine the amount of your fine or fee. Remember this amount for Step 3.
Step 3: Go to the Cashnet Payment Page to pay your fine.
- Step 4: Enter the amount from your OneSearch My Account page into the relevant box.
Step 5: Follow the instructions to complete transaction.
Step 6: Upon completion of your payment, exit and return to Western Libraries.