Mission, Values, and Vision
Strategic Plan Menu
To advance Western Washington University’s mission, Western Libraries cultivates inclusive excellence by connecting people to resources, expertise, collections, and spaces essential to academic success, lifelong learning, and community.
Western Libraries is committed to a culture of excellence, integrity, and leadership that inspires visionary thinking, critical discourse, accountability, and transparent practices. In order to achieve this, Western Libraries values:
- Barrier-free access
- Collaborative partnerships
- Employee expertise and empowerment
- Equity, social justice, and inclusion
- Integrated academic literacies (e.g. reading, research, writing, speaking, listening)
- Intellectual freedom, inquiry, and privacy
- Innovation, creativity, and curiosity
- Learner-centered pedagogies and practices
- Responsible and sustainable stewardship
As a full academic partner, Western Libraries provides transformative opportunities, experiences, and destinations for intellectual growth and community engagement to address the 21st century’s most challenging questions.