Welcome, Community Members & K-12 Educators!
- Community members can use designated computers to access e-mail, Internet, the library catalog, electronic databases, and other library resources.
- Please request a password to use our public workstations at the Circulation Services Desk on Haggard Hall.
- Picture ID is required. Usage is limited to one hour per day.
Use of Library Materials:
- Community members are welcome to use books, journals, newspapers, government documents, microform and microfilm, audio/visual recordings, and periodical indexes and databases.
- For more information, see Borrowing Materials: Courtesy/Community Borrowers or contact Circulation Services at (360) 650-3084.
Fee-based Printing & Photocopying:
- Community members may pay a small fee to print materials or to make photocopies.
- To print: Please Western Libraries Courtesy/Community Card as a copy card. Add money to your card at machines in the library to pay for printing from library computers and to make photocopies.
- To make copies: Coin-operated copy machines are also available. If you are not eligible or do not want a Courtesy/Community Card, you can purchase a copy card at the library. The card costs $1.00 and you will need to add money to the card to make copies.
- The One Card program allows anyone who lives or goes to school in Whatcom County to check out library materials from any public or academic library in the county, and to return items to any participating library in Whatcom County. Learn more about this program.
Subject & Research Guides:
- Community members may use the Libraries Subject & Research guides. These online guides describe services and collections, provide assistance in locating and using library resources, and include our extensive collection of subject research guides and bibliographies.
Assistance at Service Desks:
- For assistance with your library account, please go to the Circulation Services Desk on the second floor of Haggard Hall or call 360-650-3084.
- For research or technology assistance, please go to the Learning Commons Info Desk on second floor of Wilson Library.
- For research or writing assistance, please visit the Research Writing Studio.