Study Room Locations
Western Libraries has thirteen study rooms located on the 3rd, 4th, and 5th floors of the Wilson Library building, which are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Study Room Numbers
- 370A, 373, 374, 375, 376, 377, 391
- 470A, 477
- 577, 579, 591, 592
Collaborative & Quiet Spaces
The 2nd floors of both Wilson and Haggard are designated collaborative areas where talking and group activity is welcome.
The 4th and 5th Floors of Wilson are designated as areas for quiet study.
Access & Use
- Study rooms are available on a first come, first served basis. Reservations are not required.
- Study rooms are not intended to be used for faculty office hours or for instructional purposes. Current WWU students will receive priority use of the study rooms. Faculty needing classroom space or a meeting room can contact the Registrar’s Office Registrar.Office@wwu.edu.
- Large study rooms are intended for groups of four or more.
- If another group is waiting, please limit time to two hours.
- Study rooms are left unlocked (no keys are needed).
- Study rooms are not sound-proof, so please keep noise levels low and be respectful of others.
- Personal belongings should not be left in study rooms and will be sent to the library lost and found (Circulation Desk). Belongings should also not be left in rooms to “hold” a room until occupancy.
- Equipment needs such as laptops, cables, and headphones can be checked out at the Student Technology Center (Haggard Hall, 2nd Floor, 218) or ATUS (Classroom Services, Haggard Hall, 1st Floor, Room 114).
Condition of room
- Leave No Trace - Users should leave the study rooms clean when they leave.
- Food and drink are allowed. Please dispose of trash in hallway receptacles.
- Limited cleaning supplies are available in each study room for wiping tables down.
- Leave the study room door open when exiting in order to promote air circulation.
- Smoking (including vaping) is not allowed in study rooms or elsewhere in any library building.
If you have questions, please call the library Circulation Desk at (360) 650-3084. Circulation Desk is located at Haggard Hall, 2nd Floor, 201.